Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Call the pilot!

Still frame from awesome show intro
A few months ago I went to Las Vegas to attend the Future Travel Experience conference and exhibition and finally see the American desert, which I've been fascinated with for years. It was my first time in Vegas as well as attending this particular conference, so I was pretty excited. On top of that, I would be hanging out with Mary Kirby, founder and editor at Runway Girl Network (an aviation news portal that I write for) and Seth Miller, a talented aviation journalist, blogger and friend.

In Sin City we also met up with videographer Roger Williams, with whom we'd cooked up an idea for an aviation web-series. We were going to shoot a pilot!!

We had a very fun few days listening to thought leaders in travel technology, airline top brass and the supplier community, and spent a lot of time shooting video. We decided to cut all the footing into short vignettes so as not to tax our viewer's attention-span. Seth and Mary's vignettes were ready first, but today I saw one of mine.

While I'm still a bit uncomfortable watching myself on camera, I'd call this short clip and the others a success. Many thanks to Roger Williams for the great camera/edit work and cool intro sequence. I can't wait to see what the future holds for this concept.

We're going UP!

Watch Mary Kirby: http://vimeo.com/108640740 
Watch Seth Miller: http://vimeo.com/109216170 
Watch me :) http://vimeo.com/112032994







No comments:

Post a Comment